Here’s the step by step instructions:
1. Go to the Home screen.
2. Select the Menu key.
3. Select Settings.
4. Select Wireless & networks.
5. Select Tethering & portable hotspot.
6. Check the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot checkbox.
7. Select Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings.
8. Select Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
9. Input a Network SSID for your connection.
10. Select a security protocol. Options are Open and WPA2 PSK.
If you select WPA2 PSK, input a password for the connection and then select the Save button.
Your portable hotspot is now created.
You will use the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot checkbox from above to enable and disable the connection. Once the connection is active, go to the device you wish to connect and configure its wireless connection to the Network SSID for you Android device and input the password (if you are using WPA2 PSK). You now have wireless access for your iPad, iPhone Touch, Zune HD, etc. anytime there is a cellular connection for your Android phone.